In today’s post, I’d like to share some of my best 4th quarter sales tips for MLM Reps.
The 4th quarter is a special time of year. Normally, network marketing booms during these prosperous three months, which include October, November, and December.
During these three months, people are in the holiday spirit. They are buying gifts for their friends and family. They are happy and feel good. Many people are looking for ways to earn additional income. As a result, it’s a great time of year to showcase your company’s products and business opportunity.
What you will see below is a summary of a training I did for my own team, sharing my top 12 4th quarter sales tips for MLM Reps. Enjoy.
4th Quarter Sales Tips for MLM Reps
There are lots of things you can do to EXPLODE your business during the 4th quarter. What I’d like to do is focus on 12 things that I know work. This is what we will cover in today’s training.
- Retarget existing customers
- Give products as gifts
- Focus on your top-selling products
- Have a holiday party or open house
- Send out holiday cards
- Send gifts to your top prospects, customers, and team members
- Set up at local events
- Run contests
- Recommend products as stocking stuffers
- Send free products to your top 10 Dream List
- Content blitz
By the end of this article, you should identify 2-3 things on this list that resonate with you and then develop a simple action plan for each item you pick.
# 1: Retarget Existing Customers
- Your best source of business is current and former customers.
- It’s easier to sell something to an existing customer than to go out and find a new customer.
- Many people who dropped out or quit can be “reactivated” if you have a game-plan and follow a few simple steps.
- Print off list of all active and inactive customers and distributors.
- Divide your total by 30; that is how many people you will reach out to per day.
- Send each person a text, email, Facebook message, phone call, or handwritten note.
- Rekindle the relationship if possible.
- Ask them why they left and find out what you can do to earn their business back. Consider offering a discount or free product.
- Share product testimonials of a product you think they would enjoy.
AdRoll’s State of the Industry report declared that 90% of marketers said that retargeted ads perform as well or better than search, email, or display advertising.
# 2: Give Products as Gifts
- Giving away products as a gift is a great way to get someone to try a product.
- Instead of buying people stuff from other stores, shop from your own store.
- Write down everyone on your Christmas list.
- Determine if any of our products would be a good gift for any of these people.
- Ask your friends if they need “gift ideas” for their friends and family.
- Consider gifting products for Secret Santa, co-workers, stocking stuffers, etc.
- Choose FIVE influencers and send them a free product as a gift, along with a personalized note.
89% of consumers can recall the advertiser even two years after receiving a promotional product.
# 3: Focus on Your Top Selling Products
- Pick your favorite two or three products and focus on promoting those exclusively.
- Or pick your company’s best-selling products and focus on those.
- Do Facebook lives about these products.
- Create posts about gift ideas without saying the name of these products.
- Publish a few YouTube videos.
- Send a personal note to person a day for the next 60 days, along with info about a product you think they would enjoy.
- If applicable, hand out product samples whenever possible.
# 4: Have a Holiday Party or Open House
- Leverage the party-plan during the holiday season.
- Selling products in a group setting allows you to work smart and leverage yourself.
- People like to touch and feel a product before purchasing it.
- It’s possible to earn a few hundred dollars or more in just an hour or two of selling.
- Schedule a holiday party or open house at your home and demo some products.
- Reach out to team members, customers, and former customers to book a party with them.
- Focus on retail sales so you can earn immediate money and good commissions.
- Consider inventorying a few popular items you know will focus on and sell, so people don’t have to wait to receive the item.
- Offer people a discount or free gift for attending your event.
- Follow up with all attendees to book follow-on parties.
A holiday event gives your business an opportunity to create intimacy and reserve a moment with your customers. When you invite customers to a special event, you’re building relationships the old-fashioned way–with personal, face-to-face contact.
# 5: Send Out Holiday Cards
- The best month to send holiday cards is OCT, because everyone else waits until DEC (yours will stand out).
- Your normal holiday list, plus your 100 “dream customers”.
- Make your name’s list of who you want to send a holiday card to, 100 people minimum.
- This includes family, friends, team members, and customers.
- Include a year in review, coupon, talk about one product you like, or offer to book a party.
- Mail 10 daily until complete.
- Hire your kids to help prepare the holiday cards (or outsource it).
Reaching your customers with greeting cards during the holiday season is a good idea to remind them of your products, services, or skills. It works great if you are offering something exciting which is on their wish list. If you send these cards ahead of time, they will surely consider your brand to make holiday purchases. That is the reason, business holiday cards offer you an opportunity for soft sell while making the special day of your customers extra special.
- Send a gift to your active customers and distributors; even a small gift is fine.
- Send a gift to your retail customers.
- Mail a gift card as a gift to your dream prospects.
- Set a budget.
- Determine who you will send gifts to.
- You don’t have to spend much money on each person.
- Personalized gifts are best (coffee cup, pens, paper, hand made gift, etc.).
When a client receives a gift with your company’s name and contact details on it, they will remember your business every time they use that item.
Source: 8 Ways Media
# 7: Set Up at Local Events
- Local events are a great place to meet people.
- It’s a great way for people to try the products.
- You can set up as a vendor or just go and network with other vendors.
- Search online for a list of local events in your community.
- Find one local event each month you can attend or set up as a vendor.
- Talk with other team members in your local area and see if they want to participate with you.
As one of the most effective marketing tactics, events offer you the opportunity to connect directly with both existing and prospective customers
# 8: Run Contests
- People love contests.
- Contests help boost productivity with your current team.
- Even simple small prizes work.
- If you don’t know what to do for a contest, ask your team members what interests them.
- Keep contests designed for the part-timer.
- Brainstorm ideas for a contest.
- Pick an idea.
- Set a date and prizes.
- Announce to your team.
Competitions are an excellent way to drive purchases of your product or service either as a direct result of the competition or as a result of nurturing your audience after they have entered your competition.
# 9: Advertise
- All businesses should advertise.
- Advertising gives you leverage and frees up some of your time.
- Good advertising also leads to word-of-mouth referrals.
- It’s a good time of year to lead with the products, since people are doing holiday shopping.
- Places to advertise: HOA Newsletter, Church Newsletter, Classified Ads, Craigslist, Penny Saver, Thrifty Nickel, Postcards, magazines, Facebook, etc.
- Set an advertising budget.
- Research five potential places to advertise and find out their rates.
- Draft up and ad, and share with your coach for input.
- Try out an ad or two.
After years of constant growth, online advertising revenue in the United States surpassed 46 billion U.S. dollars during the last quarter of 2020. This figure represents quarter-on-quarter growth of 31 percent and can be linked to the upward trend in advertising efforts during the holiday season.
# 10: Recommend Products as Stocking Stuffers
- Most people are looking for ideas for low-cost stocking stuffers.
- Identify three or four inexpensive items your company offers and focus on those.
- Identify four or five low-cost products, put on a flyer, and give to people.
- Do a video on social media with stocking stuffer ideas.
- Use your company’s products as stocking stuffers.
Product bundling is an effort to capture the maximum amount of this surplus, making customers feel like they’re getting products at a steal, and making their buying journey much easier, as well.
# 11: Send Free Products to Your Top 10 Dream List
- Sending a gift to someone, especially a dream client, can pay huge dividends.
- Many influencers are looking for items or services to promote to their audience.
- What you give out always comes back to you many times over.
- Sponsoring even one influencer is better than sponsoring 100 regular people.
- Write down your dream list (most influential people you know).
- Send each person a free product sample, a coupon, and personalized letter.
- Follow up with each person two weeks after you mail it.
- Team up with FIVE team members and have them do the same thing.
Studies have shown that tweets from influencers when coupled with those from brands have increased purchase intent 5.2X. Not only that, 40% of people have reported having made a purchase as a result of an influencer tweet.
# 12: Content Blitz
- Creating content is a great way to automate part of your business.
- Content includes articles, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Content can create leads and sales for you for years to come.
- Set a goal to create 10 videos.
- Upload each video to Facebook and YouTube.
- Have each video transcribed and publish it as an article online.
- Strip the audio out the video and upload it as a podcast on SoundCloud.
- Point each piece of content to your website or capture page.
- By doing this you will have 10 Facebook videos, 10 YouTube videos, 10 articles, and 10 podcasts: 40 PIECES OF CONTENT.
The Digital Advertising Summit held by Adobe in 2018 revealed that over 50% of consumers find it easy to ignore ads online. With this in mind, it’s more important than ever to stand out and make your content less spammy and more engaging. Forget the lowest-price point marketing tactics; consumers of today want to know what makes your product the best and how it will address their pain points.
In conclusion, these are my best 4th quarter sales tips for MLM Reps. Rather than try and do everything on this list, start out by picking two or three ideas that resonate with you and then focus on those. Once those tasks are complete, if you want to try something else, that’s great. If you found this information helpful, please share this article with your team.
What are your thoughts? What are your best 4th quarter sales tips for MLM Reps? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.
- The Best Free MLM Company to Join
- How to Achieve MLM Success
- Must Read MLM Books
- Top MLM Trainers of All Time
- Top 50 MLM Companies
My Recommended Products & OpportunityIf you're looking for an amazing product line of health and wellness products (at discount store prices) and a lucrative opportunity that does business worldwide, consider today your lucky day!
Our company has no auto-ships, no monthly purchasing requirements to earn, no overpriced products, no legs to balance, and no volume requirements.
We offer a wide selection of products that people want and can afford. Every month the company adds new products. Our products are third-party tested and come with a no questions asked 90-Day money back guarantee.
I am looking for people who want to save money and make money. You can learn more about the business here or you can check out the products and shop my online store here.
Network Marketing Professional (21+ years)
Top Recruiter & Top Rep