In this post, I would like to share 17 ways to drive more traffic or visitors to your website or blog. These ideas can help you get more traffic to your website so you can make more money and build your brand. These are strategies I recommend from my personal experience.
1. Create a YouTube Channel: One of the first things you should do is create a YouTube Channel for your niche. Make it a point to create 20-30 videos (at a minimum) around topics and keywords you are trying to win in the search engines. That way you can rank high in the search engines for your videos AND your content. Most people prefer videos over written content and I’ve found that videos normally rank higher in the search engines than text does. You can also embed your videos into your website to improve your user experience. In 2013 and beyond, videos are a must. Keep your videos to 2-3 minutes long, use a good title, description, and META Tags.
2. Build a List: From this day forward, add an opt-in form to every single page of your website. And, use a pop-up or pop-over. Start collecting names and emails by giving away something of value for free, such as an eBook, report, video, audio training program, etc. As you get leads, build a relationship with your list by communicating with them frequently. Send out a weekly or monthly newsletter and 1-2 emails every week. In every email, provide a link back to your home page and a different page on your website. As you start building a big list, you will get lots of traffic using this technique. I get a lot of website traffic from email marketing.
3. Create a Squidoo Lens About Your Niche: Squidoo is a very popular website. You can create a lens, another word for a web-page, about any topic you want. Squidoo lenses normally rank pretty high in the search engines. If you create a high quality lens and provide a couple links to your website in it, you can generate some serious traffic with Squidoo. Create no more than 2-3 good lenses though. Most of your content should be on your own website.
4. Create a Facebook Fan Page: Every website and small business needs a Facebook Fan Page. This is a separate page from your personal Facebook account, so you can keep your business and personal matters separate. You want to provide a link from your fan page to your website. You also want to update your Facebook Fan page 2-3 times a day by sharing quotes, pictures, links to your website, videos and anything of value. Many people who visit your fan page will click on your link and visit your website. I get about 10% of my traffic from Facebook. You can also add your RSS feed to your Facebook Fan Page so it updates automatically whenever you update your website.
5. Create a Twitter Account for Your Website: Twitter is another popular social media website. You should create a Twitter account for your business and send out 2-4 tweets per day. You should embed a Twitter banner or bar on your website so people can “start following you on Twitter” right from your website. You should also synchronize your Twitter account with your Facebook and YouTube account so any time you update either of those sites, it automatically gets sent out in a tweet. Over a period of time, you want to build up a large list of followers on Twitter. You can do that by following others, by asking people to follow you on Twitter, and by always providing valuable tweets with helpful content. Many of your Twitter followers will click on your links in your tweets and visit your website.
6. Guest Blogging: Find three good blogs in your niche that have a large following and see if the webmaster/blogger will let you do some guest blog posts. Try to do one guest post a week. Write high quality articles for the other blogger. That way you can leverage their following and send some of their followers to your website. At the end of your article you can include an author bio and link to your website. This is one of my favorite ways to get more traffic to your website.
7. Press Releases: If you have an important announcement for your business or website, you should create press releases. The press release can be submitted to different websites. This will help you create links and send a flood of traffic to your website. Just make sure your press release is more than just self-promotion. You need an important announcement. Otherwise, don’t use this method.
8. Update Your Website Often: The search engines like websites and blogs that get updated often. You don’t have to post new content every single day, but make it a point to update your website at least once a week. Add new content on a regular basis, and you will receive some extra love from the search engines, in the form of more website traffic!
9. Leave Forum Posts and Comments: Try and find one to two forums that are related to your niche and post regularly in those forums. Make it a goal to do post once a day or once every other day. It only takes a few minutes to do. Answer questions with high value answers and establish yourself as an expert in your niche. Create a signature file with a link to your website in it. This should send you a pretty good amount of free traffic to your website.
10. Focus on Long-Tail Keywords: Find out which long tail keywords people are searching for each month, and create new posts using those keywords. Keywords such as “small business marketing plan” are much easier to win than “small business.” Go for the low hanging fruit by focusing on the long-tail keywords. As your site grows in popularity, it will rank higher for other words, too.
11. Create an Affiliate Program for Your Site: If you sell your own products or services, you should really consider creating an affiliate program for your products. This will allow you to have other people promoting your website for you, sending traffic to your website 24/7. Best of all, you only pay them when they help you make sales, so it’s really a win-win deal.
12. Joint Ventures: Joint ventures are when you team up with other entrepreneurs, bloggers and webmasters. You can have each other send an email to your list promoting the other person’s website. You can exchange links or banner ads, do a site review for each other, or a variety of other things. What you want to do is help each other and leverage each other’s traffic to help grow the other person’s website. This is one of my favorite ways to get more traffic to your site. Look for successful bloggers in your niche and strike up a conversation with them. You never know what kind of deal you can work out that will benefit both of you.
13. Solo Ads: I love solo ads. They are the FASTEST and EASIEST way to get more traffic to your website. You simply find someone with a large email list that is related to your niche and you have them send an email to their list to promote your website. You normally pay them a one time fee. Your key to success is to send them to a capture page first and then redirect them to your website.
14. Read Books about SEO, Link Building and Online Marketing: There are many books and courses about getting more traffic to your website. Visit your local library or go to Amazon and get some of these books and courses. Make it a point to read at least one book a month on topics such as blogging, link building, SEO, pay per click, Facebook strategies and more. Always stay on the cutting edge. Make it a point to watch a few YouTube videos once or twice a week to learn more about getting more traffic to your website.
15. Create a Written Marketing Plan: Every business needs a written marketing plan. You need to identify your goals, strategies and specific action plan. You should have a checklist of what activities you will do each day, week and month to send more traffic to your website. This puts everything in writing and simplifies the entire process.
16. Post a Few Articles to Article Directories: Article marketing is not what it used to be, but I still think you should consider posting 3-5 articles to some of the leading article directories. This will help you build a few incoming links and will send you some free website traffic. Focus your articles on keywords you are trying to win and have them link to your home page and deep links within your site.
17. Put Your Website On All Your Marketing Tools: Make sure that you include your website on your letterhead, business cards, brochures, signage and in all advertisements. This will help you get more traffic to your website.
BONUS TIP: Create Content That People Love and Want to Link To
This is hands down the best tip I can give you to get more traffic to your website. As you create new content, make sure it is the best of the best. Write it yourself or hire an experienced writer. Make it something so good that people want to read it, talk about it and link to it. Be remarkable! The Internet is flooded with crappy content. Do what you can to create exceptional content.
Most websites fail because they don’t get enough traffic. You can have the nicest website in the world with the best content, but that is not enough to succeed. To achieve success, you need to learn how to market and promote your website effectively so it will get noticed by the search engines and by people in your target market. By following any of the 17 tips mentioned above, you should be able to stand out in the crowd and send a tidal wave of traffic to your website.
I hope this helps. I would love to hear your thoughts about what you do to get more visitors to your website. Just leave a comment to tell me what you think! Have a great day!
To Your Success,
(352) 503-4816 home office
P.S. Let’s build a BIG team together. I know marketing and I can help you get leads. Check out my team’s exclusive postcard marketing system to build a big downline with our natural and organic products company.