Top 4 MLM Cell Phone Companies

What are the top 4 MLM cell phone companies to choose from? After doing some research online, I found four network marketing companies that specialize in cell phones: ACN, 5Linx, Lightyear Wireless and Solavie Mobile. Although there might be some other MLM Companies that offer cell phone services, I couldn’t find any additional companies to evaluate.

Please note that most MLM cell phone companies sell cell phones and monthly plans. Some even offer other products and services, such as landline phones, business phones, internet services and utilities.

In the paragraphs below I will share a little bit of information about each of these four MLM cell phone companies and provide some additional tips for you to consider.  I’ll also provide a link to their website for you to check out.

Please note that I am NOT saying any of these companies is any better than the others.  Be a smart consumer and shop around before you commit to ANY type of cell phone plan.

# 1 ACN: ACN is a direct sales company specializing in telecommunications.  They offer landline and cell phone services in most states.  Their plans start from just $24.99 per month.  They offer video phones and even have plans for businesses.  They also offer other services such as internet services, home security systems, and utilities.  They are an industry leader and have HUGE market share within the MLM World.

The company has been around since 1993.  It does business in 24 countries and did more than $500 million in sales in 2010.  Check out their plans.

# 2 Lightyear Wireless: They have plan with unlimited text and data.  From what I read they offer 4G.  From looking at their website it looks like they are available in about 30 states.  They offer personal and business accounts.  Their plans start at $49.99 per month and many of their plans have no contracts.  Their unlimited plans start at just $59.99 per month.  You can also get your cell phone service for free each month by referring a few customers to Lightyear Wireless (visit their corporate website to learn more). The company is located in Louisville, Kentucky. They have an experienced leadership team and are publicly traded.  Check out their plans.

# 3 5Linx – This company sells plans by some of the leading providers such as Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Nextel.  They also sell cell phones and cell phone accessories.  To the best of my knowledge they are re-sellers with these companies (please correct me if I am wrong).  I also believe their plans are pre-paid.  They give people 4G access, have no cancellation fees, and let people try out their service on a 15-day free trial.  Check out their plans.

# 4 Solavei Mobile – Solavie Mobile offers a low cost monthly plan (cheapest I’ve found).  You get unlimited data, text and voice calls on a 4G network.   Also, there are no contracts so you can pay as you go. As of OCT 2014, their packages range from $29 to $69 per month depending upon which options you want.  Check out their plans.

***** Rates do change from time to time.  Please visit the company’s respective website to learn more about their current services offered and current rates.

mlm cell phoneShould you join one of the five MLM cell phone companies mentioned above? That depends. If you enjoy selling cell phones you should consider joining a network marketing cell phone company. However, you must do your due diligence first.

You should research the products and monthly plans with each MLM company and see if they are competitive with the leading cell phone companies such as Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T.

You should do your research first because you need to find out if a company’s products and services offer a real value for its customers.  Simply put, if the plans and rates aren’t competitive with other carriers, it makes no sense to use their service or sell it.  They don’t have to be the cheapest plan available, but they should be competitive.

Why should you join a MLM cell phone company?  Here are a few reasons I can think of:

• Most people have a cell phone. That means that cell phones are a high demand product.
  • There are more than 300 cell phone users in the U.S. alone.
  • Most people upgrade their cell phones every two to three years.
  • Cell phones can provide you a residual income because your customers will have a monthly bill each month.
  • Most people are very loyal to their cell phone provider and stay with the same cell phone company for a long period of time.
  • For most folks, having and keeping a cell phone (and service) is a top priority.  They will pay their cell phone bill no matter what, so they don’t lose their service.
  • Cell phone services are a much easier sell than potions, lotions and magic pills.
  • Most people already have a monthly cell phone bill, so they are used to paying for it, whereas most people are not currently spending money on secret potions, lotions and magic pills.
  • Most people consider a cell phone service a NEED, not a luxury item.

Even if you don’t plan on building a big business with any of these companies, most of these companies offers a refer three to get yours for free.  So even if you can just refer a few friends to the service, you could keep your cell phone but get rid of your bill!  How cool is that? Check out each company’s website to learn more.

If you decide to join one of the leading MLM cell phone companies, you should look for a successful sponsor. Ideally, you want someone who has achieved a great amount of success with that company and is willing to help teach you the ropes.  You want someone who can teach you how to generate leads and how to market your products and services to others. Try to find someone who is a top 10% earner in the company.  Don’t just team up  with the first distributor you meet.   Who you work with is very important.

Like any network marketing business opportunity, your success depends upon your ability to market and sell the products, and your ability to recruit others. If you are good at selling and recruiting, you can succeed with any type of MLM business.  However, don’t think the product will just sell itself.  Your success is up to YOU!

In conclusion, MLM cell phone companies provide a lucrative opportunity for anyone who enjoys selling and recruiting. If you love technology, you should consider joining a successful network marketing cell phone company. I suggest you start out as a customer for the first few months to make sure the services are good and provide a real value to customers.

acn video phoneOnce you do that, team up with a successful distributor who can teach you the basics about network marketing. Finally, you need to spend most of your time selling the products and services (getting customers) and recruiting other distributors into your sales organization.  Do this for a few short years and there is no doubt in my mind that you could supplement or replace your full-time income.

On a side note, I would love to hear from you.  What is your favorite MLM cell phone company? Why?  What products and services do they offer and what made you choose the company?  Just leave a comment to this post to share your thoughts.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned above.  All names are registered trademarks. Before you purchase any of these plans, please do your homework to make sure you are getting a competitive rate and quality service.  This article is for educational purposes only.

Best Regards,

Request my FREE CD "How to Find the Right MLM Company"
Get a Free Copy of My eBook "The Secret MLM Website Strategy"
Join My Team

Comments

comments

55 thoughts on “Top 4 MLM Cell Phone Companies

1. Jason Upham

I just read this post now and I know I the time your wrote it, all the information you provided about Lightyear was right on. Now Lightyear has transitioned. They are now known as Tempo Wireless. They had to acquire new contracts and licenses through their parent company, Tempo (also Birch Communications) so they switched names.

They are now offering a free signup level where you can sign up as a customer and still refer a few friends and eventually get your service for free. They have also service Verizon, Sprint, and now T-Mobile. In 2015, they will be able to service AT&T customers.

Here’s the kicker…they now have a deal with Lifeline – the free government subsidized phone service. And their reps can earn residuals on free govt. subsidized phones. This amazes me! Not only can you earn money on phone customers who pay, but you can earn residuals on a government program (it’s a substantially lesser commission percentage, but still!).

I am seriously considering just being a customer with Tempo (Lightyear) and seeing how it goes. Regardless if I have to pay up to $200 to get out of my current contract, I can now use an unlocked GSM phone (like an iPhone 5 or 6) that I have already purchased and just switch. If I get my service free, that’s thousands of dollars a year I would save. It would more than pay for me having to buy my way out of my old contract.

Still doing my research though. I am in no way affiliated with that industry, but if I can join and save buck, it will help my bottom line no matter what else I do. Thanks, as always, for your due diligence!

I wonder – do any of these wireless providers help people get out of their existing wireless contracts? I love seeing all of the reviews that talk about savings, and I would love to enjoy the same, but I still have that cancellation fee to worry about. Also, my current wireless provider gives me a bundling discount for having my cable and internet services with them. (Not to mention, I would love to keep my same cell phone number even if I changed providers.)

Can any of the alternative wireless provider’s distributors writing in comment on this?

I have seen where many different cell phone providers have worked out agreements with other providers to bypass contracts and agreements. I believe that it is like the cliche: “I’ll pat your back if you pat mine.” I am sure it would be no different with MLM phone plans. If you explain that you have a contract they very well may be able to work out something to gain you as a customer. It is sometimes amazing what can be accomplished just by asking.

Thank you for posting this information. I had not realized that there were also MLM cell phone companies out there. I am not completely ruling out being an MLM cell phone customer, but I can tell you that I would be a hard sell. I already believe that I have to spend far too much money for the convenience of having a cell phone, and I would just resent having to pay another middle-man for the service. That would need to be one really good sales person!

4. Dee Foster

If I would ever get involved with a telecommunications mlm, ACN would be my company of choice. However, I have never felt comfortable to turning over that part of my life to mlm… same with energy. I am just leary about turning over my energy accounts to a mlm company…. more education on this would be great but at the end of the day it probably would not change my mind.

its just some things I don’t want touched with mlm

That’s cool. I like the idea of utilities for MLM since just about everyone already has a utility bill. Most people pay their utility bill not matter what, and their cell phone bill, no matter what. Plus, if times get tough, they will keep it. It’s not like a magical juice or lotion that is a luxury purchase.

5. s. conard

I had never thought about MLM cell phone companies! The idea of having a recurring monthly (cell phone) bill as a revenue is impressive. Loyalty to a line is another great consideration. Consumers do tend to stick to the same cell phone company for along time. This is an option that more of us should explore!

The best part of the cell phone MLMs is that most people can refer three or four customers and get their service for free. Try doing that with AT&T, Verizon or any of the other traditional vendors.

I see where the cell phone MLM can be a great opportunity. Residual income is always the best. When you have downtime, there is still income coming in. I would like to know if you know of any of these cell phone MLMs here in Puerto Rico? Cell phone coverage can be difficult here because there are so many mountains and other factors that can make connections difficult. From what I see here, the best is T-Mobile or Open Mobile. All others fail quite often. Does anyone know if there is a cell phone MLM here in the Caribbean that has good connections? As Charles says, we need to investigate before we start selling such. I like my reputation and selling bad products can ruin it quickly.

I’m not sure what is available in Puerto Rico. I think there would be a huge opportunity for cell phone services there, especially when you can show people how to refer a few people and get their service free each month.

2. Toby Weston

Greg,

Yes there is a MLM mobile phone service company called Solavei that is actively growing across the United States and in Puerto Rico. The company has an excellent reputation and I have experienced financial success sharing it to others. In just a little over a year Solavei has grown to 250,000 members with service. Solavei is an MNVO of T-mobile that offers unlimited text, data, and voice for $49 a month. In addition you have the opportunity to earn residual income by sharing the service with others.

I have the phone service and and I am also working the business. Thanks Charles for providing this blog to help people connect about MLM phone companies.

I apologize for not answering this sooner Toby. Thank you for the information. I do have one issue, as I have some grievances with T-Mobile. They have caused many headaches with my mate. She fights with them monthly it seems. If Solavei uses T-Mobile, won’t we have similar issues? I don’t want to have the stress that I have had with them.

7. Steven Reed

I have my own wireless sales webpage and we cover all the major service companies plus the prepaid companies. I myself use pageplus and my smartphone works well on my unlimited talk, text and 2 gig data plan.

8. Johnny

The only thing you have to do is to switch your cellphone service over to our. You also can pay 9.00 a year. The main thing you may want to know is that we pay you .00 a month for every three people that switch their cellphone service to our .00 a month unlimited Data, Talk, and Text. There is no contract, no credit check,no activation fee. If you get nine people To switch,we pay you .00 every month that they stay withour plan. You also get paid when they get people to switch to our service. http://www.megap.com

9. Rick Emmerich

Your review on top seems limited. Full disclosure: I’m a Lightyear Rep and have taken a look at Solavei.

Lightyear (LY) is a Telecom Company which is a huge distinction from the resellers you mentioned. The 90% up front money returned back and the backend residuals are huge if you compare apples to apples with the others.

LY uses either the Sprint network or the Verizon Premium network and that adds lower prices and quality.
    Cell coverage is strong in 49 states and at the moment I don’t know (or care so much) about Alaska. The many other products vary (landlines/Business systems/VOIP) but usually save money as well. The VOIP can be operated in other countries that have Broadband very cheaply, and both VOIP and Cells have great savings in calling other countries.

I can usually save 80 bucks per month for a family plan customer, give or take.

Beyond the savings and 3, Get Yours Free, the opportunity is exceptional due to the expanding Industry that helps all for the companies mentioned. Our marketing group is “the future of the company” according to our Corp. VP.

At the very least, get out of contracts, and quit funneling so much money to the big 4 companies. and thanks for the great forum. Rick

10. Jessica

I use Page Plus Cellular, which uses the Verizon network. I can buy Verizon phones or a PPC phone; either one will work with the service. I like their customer service, but they don’t guarantee data to work on any phone but their own, and the prices seem rather high. I’m going to check out the companies you have listed. Thanks!

11. Olivia

I’m really not sure why anyone would purchased their cell phone surface through a Ponzi scheme. It just makes more sense to go directly to one of the major carriers and get a plan you are comfortable with. Or, you can go to Wal-Mart and get a month to month plan that is cheap and has no contract.

Sorry, you are skeptical of the MLM Cell Phone companies, Olivia. I think you would be really surprised if you shopped around and found out what these companies have to offer. In addition, you can get your monthly service for free, just be referring a few friends. Try doing that with one of the traditional carriers.

12. Stan

I get my service through 5Linx and really like it. I haven’t had any problems yet and I’ve been a customer for a couple years now. Great prices and great reception.

13. David

I had a cell phone with ACN for a while, to support my brother in the business. However, he didn’t stick with the company very long. Once he quit I just went back to my previous company (Verizon). I don’t have anything bad to say about my service with ACN. The quality of service was good and there were no billing issues.

14. Darrell Vogler

You should look into Vonumental. I am not associated with them, but they are making great waves in the MLM and Cell Phone industry.

15. Toby Weston

I am currently using Solavei Mobile Service and have found great value in the service. Solavei shares the towers with t-mobile and is growing very fast because there are no barriers to refer others to use the service and save money on your phone service. Since August, 2012 they have grown to 200,000 members. Similar to some of the other companies listed, in your review they will be offering more products starting in September 2013. It is hard to beat a month unlimited text, data, and voice.

16. Rachel

I love my service with 5linx. I’ve been a customer for two years now and really enjoy the phone service and customer service.

17. Jan

All of these are great cell phone companies. The key is to shop around and find the best deal possible. I really like the idea of referring three and getting yours for free. You definitely can’t do that with AT&T or any of the other major carriers.

Shopping around is a wise move. It’s also a smart business move to team up with a company where you can get paid for referring others to the service. You can’t do that with the traditional carriers.

18. Natalie

I am a customer and distributor with Lightyear Wireless. The service is great. I use their Sprint network since I live in a pretty big city and my husband uses their Verizon network since he works in a more rural area where Verizon works the best. It is nice getting free service every month but it is even better making extra income….AT&T never paid me on my bill.

Thanks for the comment, Natalie.

I’m glad that you like your service with Lightyear Wireless, that you get your service for free and that you make a nice income with the company. Lightyear is a great company!

Here’s to your continued success.

19. John

I’ve been a customer of Lightyear Wireless for a couple years now. I even get my monthly service for free because I’ve referred a few of my friends. I was with AT&T for a long time and I referred lots of people to AT&T, but never once got a discount, a thank you, or let alone free service. I’ll stay with Lightyear Wireless for a while.

John,

I’m glad you like Lightyear Wireless. I agree with you that they are a good MLM Cell Phone Company. I really like their refer three get yours free program.

20. Hal

My favorite cell phone plan right now is Light Year Wireless. I’ve been using their service for almost a year now without any problems. I even get my service for free because I referred three other people. There’s nothing like having a cell phone, but not having a cell phone bill each month.

A change in the way business is done, especially if it saves people money and is good service, seems to arouse suspicion. Change is brought about by things not going well, and consumer voices speak loudly when they make a choice. Even though there may be less profit per sale (plus the MLM must make money as well) when customers go through many of these MLM companies, obviously it is of benefit to Verizon, AT&T and the other major players. This tells me two things: one, without them, the larger companies may not have been pulling in as much as they used to, and two, it’s working, because there are more of them cropping up. I go through a third party (not an MLM) as well for my cell phones and service, and I save money over going through Verizon directly, plus my upgrades are much better. Because something costs less or is provided differently from what we are used to, it doesn’t always mean it is not any good.

Most people are skeptical of anything they aren’t used to. I always tell consumers to find the best value that you can. Sometimes that means the cheapest and sometimes that means the best. When it comes to cell phone companies, there are many different plans, services, and price points. Find a plan that works for you and go with it!

I can see the value in marketing cell phones for the very reasons you noted, Chuck. Many people no longer use land lines, relying only on their cell phones. That’s a huge amount of cell phone uses, and, as you noted, people upgrade regularly. I can see the opportunity.

I noted that Lightyear now has a partnership with Verizon Wireless, and this seems to be a trend with independent cell service providers. Is this because it is difficult to compete with companies like Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, regardless of lower prices? I would think the name recognition alone of the larger companies would be a large obstacle to overcome.

Name recognition for cell phones is important, plus the quality of the service. But many people shop around solely on price. The big companies will team up with these MLM Cell Phone Companies because they can get a cut, and make money off people who wouldn’t normally be a customer.

23. Charlie

I love ACN. I’ve been using their mobile plan for many years now and think it’s great. The service is high quality and the prices are great. Best of all, you get paid for using it. When was the last time AT&T or Verizon sent you a check for telling your friends about it?

I’ve never heard of ACN or any other MLM company with these amazing deals on phones.. I’m sure I would remember if I found cellular service for $24.99 a month. I’m going to tell all my friends about these MLM businesses and see if I can’t save all of them some money. Thanks for putting out good information like this.

Even thought many people are critics of ACN and these other technology based MLM Companies, they do offer some great deals for their customers. I tell everyone to be a smart consumer and shop around to find the best deal for you. You will be amazed at what you find.

25. Andre

I have my cell phone service with 5Linx and I love it. My brother is a distributor so I figured I would at least support his business. So far, so good.

Andre

5Linx offers home phone and digital satellite service. The partnerships with companies like 5Linx seem to be lucrative for the wireless provider services as well. They contribute noticeably to the increased sales and continued contracts for each of them.
      5Linx currently has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. The short length of time they have been in business, as well as the manner in which complaints were handled, contributed to this high rating. Bottom line, if people are happy with them because they are saving money, and they conduct a legitimate business, then more power to them.

5linx is definitely a great company. Partnering up with other wireless providers is a good way to go too. Why compete when you can work together?