Top 10 MLM Jewelry Companies

What are the most popular MLM jewelry companies? Within the network marketing and direct sales world, there are plenty of companies that specialize in jewelry.  I’d bet there are at least 50 different direct sales companies that sell jewelry.

For the purpose of this article, I’m going to cover the top 10 MLM Jewelry Companies as I see it.  Please note that I am not affiliated with ANY of these companies.  They are listed in no particular order.

1. Silpada Designs – This is a great jewelry company with a fine reputation for producing quality fashion and handcrafted jewelry.  They are a company by women for women.  The company launched back in 1997.

2. Vantel Pearls – This is another great company specializing in pearl jewelry. This company is really neat because customers can purchase oysters from the consultant and find their own pearls.

3. Cookie LeeCookie Lee is a great company specializing in affordable fashion jewelry. They offer costume jewelry and sterling silver items.

4. Jewels by Park Lane – They make very nice fashion jewelry that looks great.

5. Traci Lynn Jewelry – Traci Lynn Jewelry is jewelry for African American women (mostly).  They offer a great retail markup and unique product line.

6. Lia Sophia – Lia Sophia makes fashion jewelry that is in demand and reasonably priced.

7. Nikken – Most people wouldn’t think of them as a jewelry company, but they do offer lots of magnetic jewelry.

8. Guy and Eva – Another new MLM Jewelry Company launched in 2009 that is growing quickly.

9. Bella Beads – This company offers some awesome beads and jewelry you can purchase.

10. Stella & Dot – This company has a good reputation and has been around a while.  Check them out.

***** You can visit any of these company’s websites to learn more about them.  I am not affiliated with any of these companies.  All names are registered trademarks.

These are some of the well established MLM Companies with a good reputation and plenty of market-share. But there are many, many other MLM jewelry companies, too.  So, if you don’t see your company on this list, don’t fret.  You can do a search online to find more companies to choose from.

mlm jewelry companies

Top 10 MLM Jewelry Companies

Things to Think About

Your key to success is to find a MLM Jewelry Company with a great product line, fair compensation plan, a great reputation, and great training.

I suggest you start out as a customer first and try out the products.  If you like the product line, and they are a good price, even at the suggested retail price, you should consider joining the company as a distributor.  If you do decide to partner up with a company, make sure you find a successful sponsor who can help you out.

Should you partner up with any of the MLM jewelry companies? That really depends. If you already make and sell your own jewelry, I would stick with that.  Or, if you like to sell vintage jewelry on eBay or Etsy, that is another good option.

That being said, these jewelry companies are a great fit for some people.  My best advice is to be an educated and informed person.  Evaluate your options.  Do your research.  And then make a decision that is best for you.

Tips for Success

The key to making money with these jewelry companies is to love the products and to learn how to sell. When I say sell, I’m not talking about being a fast talking, high pressure type of salesperson either. Instead, I’m talking about being a professional who knows and loves their product line.

Many top consultants sell their jewelry via in-home parties and events. This is a great way to introduce your products to potential customers. More importantly, people get to touch the jewelry and try it on first.

Another great way to make money with MLM jewelry companies is to share the catalogs with friends, coworkers, and family members.  You are really only limited to your creativity.  Find a method that works for you and stick with it.

The top producers combine recruiting and personal sales. This allows you to build a team of reps and earn an override off their sales. Plus, you can earn an immediate retail profit from your personal sales.  If you want to make a large income with any of these companies, that’s what you will need to do: build a team and make lots of personal sales.

What to Look for in a MLM Jewelry Company

Here are a few things you should evaluate BEFORE you join a MLM Jewelry Company.

1.  How long has the company been around?  Ideally, you want a company that has been around at least five years, preferably much longer.  Most new companies fail, so you want to team up with a company that is established and has been around awhile.  I’m not knocking start up companies.  I just prefer to work with established companies.  The last thing you want to do is partner up with a company, work hard, build a big team and then have the company go out of business.

2.  What type of market share does the company have? What are the annual sales for the company?  How much has it grown during the past five years?  Compare these numbers to other MLM Jewelry Companies and see how they compare.

3.  How many reps are in your local area? Look through the yellow pages or do an online search. Are there already hundreds of reps in your local area?  If so, consider finding a different company.  You definitely don’t want to join a company that is saturated with competition.

4.  How does the compensation plan work? Read the entire compensation plan.  Find out how much of each sale gets paid back to distributors.  Find out how big of a team you need to make $1k, $2k and $5k a month.  Read the ins and outs and ask your potential sponsor any questions you might have.

5. What are the rules in the distributor agreement? Read the distributor agreement with a fine toothed comb!  Does it have a non-compete clause?  Does it have strict Internet policies?  Make sure there is nothing in the distributor agreement that is shady or impractical.  For example, if you want to build a website to sell the jewelry, but the company doesn’t allow it, then find another company!

6.  What is the wholesale/retail markup? This is a big one.  If you’re going to be selling a lot of jewelry yourself, you want a company that pays at least a 40% wholesale/retail markup, and preferably 50%.

7.  Does the MLM Jewelry Company belong to the BBB and DSA? If the company is serious about its reputation, it will belong to the Better Business Bureau and Direct Selling Association. Make sure your company is affiliated with these two organizations.

8. What type of training is available? Find out what type of training the company provides to its distributors.  Find out about distributor websites, conference calls, seminars and meetings, and training materials.  You want to make sure you can get the training you need to succeed.

9. How much stuff is for sale on eBay and Amazon? Do a quick search on Amazon and eBay to make sure there isn’t too much product line for sale at a steep discount.  This is a good sign of a high failure rate and it also hurts your chances of making sales to retail customers, especially if they can buy it online for a much cheaper price than you can sell it to them for.

10. What is the Company’s Reputation?  My final piece of advice for evaluating MLM Jewelry Companies is to look at the reputation of the company. Do a search online and see what you can find negative about the company. Every company will have a few negative things written about it, but if you find page after page after page of negative stuff, look for a different MLM Jewelry Company to join.

This isn’t a conclusive list of questions, but it is a good starting point.  Here’s a post I wrote about how to find the right MLM Company.

In conclusion, there are many great MLM Jewelry Companies in the direct sales and nework marketing industry. If you enjoy selling jewelry and socializing with other women, you should consider partnering up with a large network marketing or direct sales jewelry company as an independent distributor.  It can be  a great way to supplement your income or even provide a full-time income.  Best of all, you can be your own boss and work from home.

On a side note, if you are currently involved with a MLM Jewelry Company, I would love to hear from you.  Please share your thoughts and experiences with the rest of our online community by leaving a comment below.  Tell us how long you have been with the company, what level of success you have experienced, and what you love about the company.  I look forward to reading your story.

Best Regards,

Request my FREE CD "How to Find the Right MLM Company"
Get a Free Copy of My eBook "The Secret MLM Website Strategy"
Join My Team

Comments

comments

39 thoughts on “Top 10 MLM Jewelry Companies

Chuck, you made a great point in selling techniques. High pressure sales is a dead system. No matter the jewelry line you offer, it needs to be done in such a way that the product sells itself. In home parties, in which people can handle the products and try them on is a great way. Here in Puerto Rico, many people set up road-side stands. This would also be a great way if it is legal where you reside.

I am a huge fan of Silpada. Their jewelry is among the most expensive offered by the companies on your list, but it is wonderful, well-made stuff that you can wear for years and years. I know quite a few of their representatives and they all love working for the company. They can be very proud of the products that they put out.

Also, Avon is a sometimes-overlooked good source for quality jewelry. I still have a green stone ring that my mother bought for me when I was a teenager. I won’t tell you how many years ago that was!

I have heard great things about Silpada too. Lots of these companies have good jewelry, but in most cases it is just WAY overpriced compared to what you can get in other venues.

3. Brie

Nice to see my company Traci Lynn listed in your top 10. When I started with the company there were less than 3000 women total. As a matter of fact, I am number 2798. I did not consider all these questions when I joined (I should have). I was able to meet the founder herself. She was motivational and inspirational and I joined mainly because I had access to not only training but people who cared about my success and not just the business. Now for some that may not be important but in an MLM can be difficult some days if you are struggling to get new customers or make the money you want to make. Having a company that thrives on treating you like family is a plus. Just a side note, we are a company that started in the African American community but our jewelry is gorgeous on any woman and our consultants are much more diversified now.

Thanks for sharing some more insight into your company Brie. I know a couple of people who have joined the Traci Lynn company and they seem to be having a fair share of success with it. A part of this is that they are always promoting and advertising and hosting events to keep the Traci Lynn name and the jewelry pieces in the spotlight. And the pieces are indeed beautiful. I on a few of my own.

4. Donna

This is a great list of jewelry companies, Chuck. My favorite is Park Lane. I’ve been a rep with them for almost two years now and I just love the jewelry.

5. Ty Ross

I’ve attended jewelry parties for some of the companies listed, and I’ll tell you Silpada Designs is a good solid company. I’m not much of a jewelry wearer, but I know people who are. Silpada offers a high end quality product and their reps are energetic and bring an aura of fun. Stella and Dot has a great reputation and has been around a long time showing stability.

6. s. conard

Number eight is a great point to consider! If the company doesn’t offer a lot of training opportunities, it is so easy to get discouraged. I have found that training can keep a representative motivated. We all know that motivation leads to revenue. Thanks for the great tip!

1. Lizeth

I love Park Lane and Silpada. Cookie Lee is pretty good too. I’ve purchased products from all three of these companies and really enjoyed them.

Not being a huge “jewelry” person myself, I am not very familiar with the majority of these companies. I will say though, when it comes to great established policies, and a very good reputation, Avon is far above the majority.

You can get a lot more than just jewelry through Avon. This gives an Avon representative a wider range of a customer base.

I have to agree with Charles on another strong statement…Do your research. Before you join, know what your going to gain. By checking Ebay and other online sales sites, you can get a good idea of the product and if it is favorable.

The other advice I would offer is show your friends and family. Would they buy products? That will be a good indicator.

8. Jessica

Point number 9 is one I hadn’t thought of. Checking eBay and Amazon for an MLM company’s products before signing is a great idea. I also believe that the DSA membership holds more weight than the BBB, although both are good tools.

9. Amy

I love Silpada Designs. They are so good to their reps and their products are awesome and priced right. I’ve been a rep for just about two years now and consistently make an extra $500 per month doing a couple parties a month.

10. Sarah

I’m a big fan of Silpada Designs. Their jewelry is great quality and it is priced right. I’ve been buying their stuff for a couple years now.

Sarah

11. Linda

My favorite MLM Jewelry Company is Avon because the prices are so affordable. You can buy a nice ring or necklace for $5 to $10. Try doing that in any other jewelry company.

Linda

Ok, one more thought, speaking of younger entrepreneurs, Avon has a line directed toward the younger generation as well. Their Mark line, which includes not only jewelry but clothes, makeup and skin care, is quite popular and successful, and, again, I know of some teens who market it like the Cookie Lee products. I really like the efforts to open up opportunities to our youth. Can you imagine that if any of them stick with the companies they are working with right now, where they will be in 10 years? Wow!

Good point, Amy. If you can get a young lady to join of these MLM Jewelry Companies and stick with it, there’s no doubt in my mind she would EVER need to find a job after college. She could go full-time in her jewelry career.

2. Destiny

I love the Silpada Jewelry myself. My sister sells it. I’ve hosted a couple home parties for her and we always had a lot of fun. Plus, I got some free gifts that I really enjoyed.

I just wanted to comment on one more of the companies you listed. I have several teenage nieces who, while signed up under their moms because of the age requirements, do the selling and are rather successful at it. Cookie Lee seems to appeal to the younger crowd, although I have purchased a few items because I’m not going to NOT support some of my favorite girls. They make enough to pay for some of their extra curricular habits like cell phones and car insurance, and one of them even pays for all of her fees and dresses, etc because she regularly participate in beauty pageants.

I turned them on to your site. I’d like them to seriously consider the long term implications of what they have invested in so far.

My personal favorite is Lia Sophia. I host parties twice a year because the bonuses for hosting are so fantastic that I end up with a generous amount of free jewelry. I love the pieces that they offer, and, you are right, they are affordable as well. In addition, being what people would call a typical woman (in some respects…lol!), it’s a lot of fun to get together with the girls and play with jewelry. Finally, I really like it when jewelry comes to me.

1. Jack

I can tell you that Avon offers a lot of low cost jewelry too! They have new pieces in each campaign and it is priced much lower than what these other jewelry companies sell.

BBB ratings are a bit slanted in my opinion. Some companies can get away with some really wicked stuff while maintaining a high rating while others who don’t have the money to cover up their deeds get bombed with an awful rating for just a handful of mistakes. Still, it’s better than nothing at all.

Good points, James. Most people don’t realize that companies can buy their way into the Better Business Bureau. It is not a membership you get for being a good company.

16. Heidi

I’m a Lia Sophia rep and have been selling the jewelry for almost two years now. I love the company, the pay and the products. The jewelry is really easy to sell. Women love the design and price points.