Top 10 Herbalife Marketing Tips and Plan

What are the best Herbalife Marketing Tips I can share with you?  Let me begin by telling you that Herbalife is one of the top 10 biggest and most successful multi-level marketing companies in the world.  They have products that people want and need.  Best of all, their products are priced competitively and are amazing quality.

While many people earn six and seven figure incomes with Herbalife, it’s a proven fact that most people earn little to nothing.  In my opinion, this has nothing to do with the company and everything to do with people’s ability to market the products.

You see, marketing is the lifeblood of any business.  When you have your own Herbalife business, your products are not your business.  Instead, marketing your Herbalife products is your real business.

In other words, your ability to share your products with others and find potential customers is what will make you money in Herbalife.  If you can’t learn to do that you will fail.  PERIOD.  You don’t need to be a sales superstar, but you do need to know how to meet prospects, share the products and close sales.

Most Herbalife reps have never been taught how to market their products and they’ve never had a sales or marketing job before.   Even worse, most reps have never owned a business before.

As a result, many reps are clueless about selling the products.  My goal today is to help solve that problem.  I want to share my top 10 Herablife Marketing Tips with you, so you can get better results in your business.  They are listed in no particular order.

1. Have a Plan: Failing to plan is planning to fail.  You need a written business and marketing plan AND a daily action plan.  You need clear goals, a strategy you can follow and a sound daily routine so you can be effective and efficient.  Most people who get into the business don’t do these things.  As a result, they don’t have a clear goal, nor do they have a plan to get there. This leads to frustration and burn out.  Spend some time and write a business plan and daily action plan.  I think it’s the first step to success.

Herbalife Marketing Tips2. Collect Business Cards: Rather than hand out your Herbalife business card to everyone you meet, you can get better results by collecting other people’s business cards, and then follow up with them a couple days later.  Get the other person talking about themselves and make a good first impression. After you get their business card, you can call them whenever you want to.  If you simply give them your business card there’s a good chance they will never call you back.  Learn more about collecting business cards.

3. Lead with the Products: Very few people are interested in a network marketing business opportunity. If you talk to a lot of people you know what I am talking about.  But most people are looking for a way to lose weight or improve their health. So lead with the products first and keep the door open for the business opportunity. I tell people to look around.  Nearly 7 in 10 Americans are fat or obese.  There is a HUGE market for weight loss products.  And remember this, most people hate to sell, but everyone likes to buy.  Learn more about leading with the products.

4. Ask for Referrals: A simple way to get more leads is to ask for leads from your happy customers and distributors. If you treat people right, they will give you referrals.  Try to get referrals from people who don’t join your team as a customer or distributor.  Always ask people if they know anyone who would be interested in the products or business opportunity. Compensate people for giving you referrals.  This could be a cash bonus or free products. Get creative.  Learn more about how to get more referrals.

5. Start Blogging: Blogging is VERY powerful, if you know what you are doing. I recommend you create your own weight loss blog. Don’t mention the name Herbalife anywhere on your blog. Write blog posts every day. Share your weight loss story or provide weight loss tips.  Build an online following and mention that you sell weight loss products. Let people who are interested in what you have to offer contact you to learn more. You can also use email marketing and social media to promote your blog and business.  Don’t think that the internet will magically build your business for you, but use it to meet new people, and then take the relationship offline as quickly as possible.  Learn how to build your MLM Business by blogging.

6.  Wear the Button: Wearing the button is a great way to get more leads for your Herbalife business.  Some people might think it is silly, but it does work.  Countless people have achieved success with Herbalife simply by wearing the button.  The button will spark people’s curiosity.  If they are interested, they will ask you questions: just what you want them to do. Check out 34 ways to get more leads.

7.  Focus on People in Your Target Market Exclusively: This is one of my top Herbalife Marketing Tips.  You have to understand that not everyone is a potential prospect.  You can get much better results with your marketing efforts by focusing on people in your target market exclusively.  You really have two target markets with Herbalife: customers and distributors.  To get customers, focus on people who are health conscious and WANT to lose weight.  You can find people like this at the gym, using diet plans, and people who buy food at health food stores.  For distributors, your target market is people actively looking to start a business or people already involved in network marketing.  It’s not your unemployed, broke neighbor. Learn more about identifying your target market.

8. Get People to Call You First: Another great Herbalife Marketing Tip is to get people to call you first. Rather than you cold calling people or annoying people, it’s much more effective to get them to call you first.  As my mentor says “you want to be a welcomed guest, not an uninvited pest.”  You can do this with paid advertising.  When someone calls you they show you they are already interested.  They are pre-qualified.  All you have to do is answer their questions and close them.  I think it’s much wiser to be the hunted, rather than the hunter. Learn more about getting people to call you first.

herbalife button

Learn more about Herbalife Marketing: Wear the Button!

9. Start a Wellness or Weight Loss Newsletter: One great Herbalife Marketing Tip is to start your own wellness or weight loss newsletter.  You can write your own newsletter once a week or once a month and build a subscriber list. In every issue, you can mention a different Herbalife product.  People who want to learn more will contact you or visit the link you provide in your newsletter.  I call this “indirect selling.”  It’s a very powerful way to sell.  I use this strategy myself.  Learn more about building your business with a newsletter.

10.  Build Your List from Day One: From the first day you start your Herbalife business, you need to build a list.  I’m not talking about a list of everyone you know either. Instead, you need to keep a database of everyone you EVER talk to about Herbalife.  When you meet a prospect, add them to your list.  If you can meet two people per day you will have a list of 730 names at the end of your first year in Herbalife.  If you keep in touch with everyone you meet, many of these folks will eventually join your team as a customer or distributor.  Just make sure that you keep in touch with everyone on your list at least once every 90 days.  Send them an email, a letter or give them a call.  This is probably the most important tip on this list.  Learn more about how to build your list.

Following my Top 10 Herbalife Marketing Tips will help you improve your Herbalife marketing efforts and grow your business.  It will help you find more customers and distributors.  You simply need to develop a marketing plan, take massive action, learn from your mistakes and never quit.  You won’t achieve success overnight, but if you get started and never quit, you will learn new skills and make money.

What are your thoughts?  What are your best Herbalife Marketing Tips?  Leave a comment below to let me know what you think.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Disclaimer: Herbalife is a registered trademark.  I am in no way affiliated with the company.

Best Regards,

My Primary MLM Company
My Online Business (Not MLM)
Request my FREE CD "How to Find the Right MLM Company"
Get a Free Copy of My eBook "The Secret MLM Website Strategy"
Join My MLM Mastermind on Facebook
Attraction Marketing Formula Boot Camp

Comments

comments

47 thoughts on “Top 10 Herbalife Marketing Tips and Plan

1. Georgia Avery

It encourages me to know that Herbalife is still going strong. I first heard of them in the 80’s when a friend approached me. I did not become a distributor, but I did try the products and liked them. I was not aware that weight loss was such a big product line for them, but with the greater part of America suffering from obesity, I imagine it is a fertile market. It must be a stable company after being in the industry for so long.

These tips are great and really can be applied to any marketing system. I have looked into many of these and I can say that more than 60% of them go in not knowing what the heck they are doing and that is why it fails. You have a small 15% of them sitting at the time because they actually do know what they are doing and do it well.

Chuck, the last step you mentioned is building a list. I would also add to that. It is wise to invest in a great auto responder to keep your email list aware and knowing you are still around. Aweber has a great auto responder and if you set up a monthly newsletter, you can use it to automatically send to your list. This saves a lot of time and will help your Herbalife business.

Building a list is quite perhaps the best Herbalife marketing tip that I can offer anyone. Many folks who tell you NO today will tell you yes in the future if you have a good way of staying in touch with them. Most people need to hear or see a message at least 10-20 times before they take action. This pertains to Herbalife and any other business. The real money is in the follow up.

4. Jeremiah Cheeseboro

I have a problem getting out there to promote myself selling Herbalife and it’s frustrating. I’m currently unemployed and can’t afford to get business cards made and that means no one will take me seriously. I signed up to do it because I like to make people feel good about themselves. Can someone please email me something that I should do to make me feel better and not discouraged.

I am sorry to hear you are unemployed. The first thing I will mention is don’t assume that Herbalife or any other MLM will magically make you money overnight. It takes patience, persistence, and hard work. You need to take yourself seriously. Business cards are great, but not every MLM success has them.

If you want to feel better about yourself, just look in the mirror and realize you are alive. You have opportunities many other humans don’t.

Start showing the products to friends, family and people you meet. Don’t pressure, just show and offer. If you have a good attitude and don’t show desperation, sales will come.

Remember, you are a business owner and most businesses do not profit immediately.

If you are unemployed, you should focus on getting a job first, so you can keep the financial pressure off your back. Once you get a job, focus on your Herbalife business for 10-20 hours per week and you will be good to go. No business, or MLM Company, is designed to provide immediate income, especially if you are new to it.

3. Kevin Daines

If you’re struggling to build a business using money then you’ll have to talk to a lot more people because it’s free to do.

Your sponsor should be teaching you this anyway.

Herbalife seems to be such a popular product these days. After seeing how it helped some of my friends in their fitness journey, I too tried the product and it did work wonders for me. I noticed a change in my ability to tone and strengthen my body which is what my main goal was.

This product speaks for itself, so as long as you know how to market and advertise you will see huge success. I think I might see myself becoming a distributor in the near future.

They are a great company Diamond. And I love their products, even though I am NOT a rep. Marketing is the key to success in Herbalife or any other type of business. You have to know how to find people, how to connect with them and how to make a sale. These marketing tips can be used in any direct sales business, not just Herbalife. Thanks for the comment.

6. Saroj D.

I am happy to be associated with Herbalife. I have Health and Wealth both to enjoy rest of my life. I found new friends around the world and we are growing.

Saroj,

I am glad you have experienced good health and success with Herbalife.

What marketing tips can you recommend to other distributors in Herbalife? What worked for you? How do you build your business?

Leave a comment and let me know. I’m sure the readers on this page would love to hear from you.

All the best.

7. sony

I am planning to lose weight from Herbalife. Also willing for a business plan, but the fact that it is (market) saturated is hampering me. There are new products in the market to lose weight and people are willing to spend there. The products are costly and every monitoring is to be done by the customer to lose, than does that really work, means does it have impact on the body.

Sony,

Herbalife is VERY popular where I live (Florida). In the town over from me, there are SEVERAL folks earning big bucks doing it. I met with a guy last week who is a rep and has a large customer base. If you go out and hustle, you can do well for yourself. I don’t think it’s saturated either. There might be a lot of reps, but most of them do NOTHING at all, so you don’t have much competition.

The first step is to quit feeding yourself with negatives. Saying the market is saturated is just a negative that needs to be defeated.

I used to sell for a huge nationwide window, door, and siding company. Everywhere I looked there were other window and door companies, and their products were cheaper, but guess what? We broke records with sales. It is all in the presentation. Just because something is lower priced doesn’t mean it will sell. How do you think all those BMWs and Corvettes sell when a person could by a Toyota cheaper?

It is how you come across. You sell yourself and the product. Put the negative thoughts to bed.

These are all great tips. Thank you for sharing. I do not sell Herbalife, but I did recently join the Avon company. Your advice is good for all direct sales companies. I especially like the idea of collecting business cards: after all, for every card that I ask for, someone will be asking for mine in return. I also like the tip about waiting for people to call you. I recently passed out some Avon hand cream samples that I received from the company. Two friends have already asked me how to get their hands on some more. I would call those minimal effort sales, wouldn’t you?

9. All

Only one comment: You cannot successfully start this business or continue with this business UNLESS you have some money to back you up. I am a former Global Supervisor, and trust me, I lost thousands of dollars, and the loss was not due to not having worked hard enough. In fact, I put in 12-hour days into this business. It’s simple math. The more money you have, the more leads you can buy. The more money you have, the better for you to cover all the hidden costs. Yes, there are people who have made $ in this business, but the percentage is low. The rest of the people are just scraping by, or broke. Oh, and I’m not one of those dream busters that Global warns you not to listen to. I am someone who has had a lot of experience with Global and their way, and I am just saying, please, do your due diligence before committing your hard-earned money into this, or any other MLM scheme for that matter.

You mentioned buying leads. I am against that method because in most cases, leads bought are not worth a nickel. I believe in generating your own leads. Chuck has many different posts all throughout this website on great methods to generate leads.

I too am sorry if you lost money attempting to build your business. I will agree that it does help to have a little capital to start with, but losing thousands sounds like maybe you just was not following the steps and systems the way they are supposed to work. Getting customers first, so that you have income coming in and then working on building a team. Herbalife has a great program if you follow the directions.

10. Irina

Hi, I really enjoyed your article, with so many articles out there trying to discredit Herbalife as a legit business. I must be honest, sometimes I start wondering if I did the right thing by becoming a distributor. I have a HUGE problem with approaching people and telling them about the products… I have seen results of the products in myself, but not in the way that many people advocate, so maybe that is the reason why. I get into fear mode and then can’t talk to the people. Give me an audience on the other hand, I’m there… comfortable, energetic, to tell the people about it. Go figure! Any one with some advice?

Irina,

If you want to succeed in sales or direct sales, you have to step out of your comfort zone and talk to people. There really are no other alternatives. Even if you build your business online like I do, you still have to pick up the phone and build relationships with people. If you lack confidence or have a bad self image, I would suggest working on that first. I’d also study direct response advertising/marketing so you can learn how to get people to contact you first. Just my two cents. Good luck with your Herbalife business.

11. Ty Ross

Herbalife is HUGE! I was in Vegas during one of their conventions and all I can say is WOW! They were so full of energy and committed to the product. I wondered how much you can make with them. I see cars with Herbalife stickers and people putting business cards at laundry mats, grocery stores, etc. It seems like a good opportunity if you know what you’re doing.

Ty,

I think the Herbalife business offers a pretty good opportunity if you are willing to put in the work, develop a game plan and stick with it. It takes time and lots of hard work. It helps if you can find a mentor, get some customers and build up a team at the same time. It also helps to start part-time while you have a day job.

12. s. conard

Leading with products is such a great idea! I agree that more people are looking for a particular product than a network marketing business opportunity. Once they find a product, get them interested in the product itself, and then open the door for the business opportunity.

And the Herbalife products are a great way to do that. The products are REALLY good and priced fairly. Once you help someone lose weight or improve their health, a percentage of these people will gladly want to know more about the business opportunity, too.

First, I must say that I also will testify to the fact that Herbalife has some great products. I have used their shakes and vitamins and minerals and I am very happy.Your suggestions and tips I find, are not only great for a Herbalife representative, but for anyone marketing. Whenever I hand out my business card, I always make sure I get their card too. I then follow up with them within 1 week.Referrals are always a great opportunity. Word of mouth is one of the best sales tools, and people know what other people like. If they know someone who likes the type of products you have, they will tell you. Just ask.Lastly, you are so correct in building lists. If you contact people regularly, and they get to know you, you will have business.Great blog post!

I learned a long time ago that meeting people is just step 1. You have to work extra hard to build a friendship with them over a period of months and years by staying in touch on a regular basis.

14. steve

Good info, wish I had it years ago when I first started with Herbalife. When you do a supervisor order only get the products that you will use F-1, F-2, F-3, don’t waste time with the negatives, many of them have other similar businesses and want you to lose before even getting started. No discounts for the ones that wish to just try the product, they always want everything for free like our current state of welfare in this country. Teach responsibility by making them play by the rules.

15. Dee Foster

I think Herbalife has great products. I have used their shakes. It was hard for me to stick with it because Im not a shake person…I believe Herbalife is a great business opportunity for any who has a sincere desire in helping others live a healthier life. I think too many times, especially in the health and wellness industry, people don’t take the time to become a product of the product and it is more challenging for them to attract the people they want either as customers or business partners. Herbalife is one of those companies, in my opinion, that you really need to be committed to becoming a product of the product in every sense of the word.

Yeah, you need lots of customers to make money with Herbalife. They have a great retail/wholesale markup, up to 50%. The problem is many of the products are great, but at a higher price point than most people can afford. And you can buy the products cheap on eBay, which makes it hard to get customers.

16. Stacey

These are some great tips, Chuck.

I think the key to success in promoting your Herbalife business is to create a plan and then take daily action for a few years. You must be persistent and consistent. You won’t get immediate results right away, but if you follow your plan and tweak things as you go, you will get much better at finding Herbalife customers and distributors.

Stacey

17. Tammy

My best Herbalife marketing tip is to focus on people in your target market. Find people who need to lose weight AND want to lose weight. This is where you will get your best results.

I like the second tip about collecting business cards. Doing so is a good way to network and develop contacts that could be beneficial to your Herbalife business in the long run. One of the best things I did for myself and my business was create business cards that I made it a point to hand out whenever I came into contact with someone. Based upon this, I met people when then became interested in my business and wanted to be a part of it. I also me people that were able to help me when it came to marketing or advertising. It was a very beneficial thing for me that I am glad I did.

I think every Herbalife distributor should focus on collecting business cards from people they meet and then follow up with them a few days later. If all you do is hand out your Herbalife business card to people you meet, you won’t get a very good response rate. People simply get busy, or lose your business card and forget to follow up. That’s why you need their business card instead, so you can follow up whenever you want.

Everyone in MLM should take every opportunity to collect business cards, period. Always have a few of yours in your pocket to pass out to potential customers who ask for them, but ask everyone you meet for theirs. There is all of their contact information, right there on one handy little piece of paper. There was a time, a few years ago, when I felt like everyone was hesitant to take business cards from others, as if it were an obligation or something, and I am glad to see that you keep stressing the importance.

I love to see those fishbowls at restaurants, with a little sign saying that you will win a free lunch if your business card is pulled out of the bowl in a monthly drawing. Those bowls are always full. Genius.

Recognizing a business opportunity and being able to do something about it when you see it are two different things. If you want to start a business, being perceptive is crucial and you cannot afford to be indecisive. Working for an established company like Herbalife doesn’t sound like a bad start for someone with little experience as long as they have good advice.

1. Manoj

Hello. I joined the Online Business System 5 months ago. Yes, we do distribute products for Herbalife. The business package is in fact $39.95, and there is a start up fee if you decide to join. If for some reason you do not wish to continue making money, they give you a 90 day money back guarantee. This is not a scam!! Before I joined, I thought it was a total scam. But because they offered to sell the Business package for $9.95 at the time, I decided to order it and read through it. The day that I got the package, someone called me to go over it with me. After going over a few things, I decided to join. They help you every step of the way. I myself am really pleased with the income that I am making. My first month I made about $1100. My second month I made about $1800. My third month I made almost $3000. And my forth month I made $4200. Honestly, you don’t have to do a lot of work. I get on Twitter and Facebook twice a day and put up a tweet/status about the products. And my inbox gets full with people wanting to buy products. I send them to my business site and leave it from there. They tell their friends and family, and they buy products. It’s that simple. But hey, I guess there are some people out there who don’t want to make money. I enjoy this business. This is the best thing I ever decided to do.

1. Alan

Herbalife was a great company back in the 1980s and 1990s, but it is a bit outdated now. Between the inventory requirements and 10 customer rule, it can be very difficult for the new rep to make any kind of money. I think there are much better options out there.

I agree with you about the 10 customer rule, although I think having lots of customers is a good thing.

Most of the top earners joined in the 80s or early 90s, but I still believe you could join today and make it to the top ranks. It would just be difficult to do.

Thanks for the comment.