Advocare Success Tips: How to Make Money with Advocare

What is the key to making money with Advocare? Actually, it’s quite simple. To make money with Advocare, you must do three things. You must have retail customers, you must sponsor new distributors, and you must build a team of people who do the same thing.  While you can make money just by selling the products or just by sponsoring others, I truly believe it is a wise move to do BOTH of these things at the same time.  We will cover these in more detail below.

First and foremost, you need to find retail customers for your Advocare business. All businesses need customers. Retail customers purchase the products from you at the suggested retail cost. This puts immediate profits in your pocket and gives you money to reinvest back into your business.

I recommend you try to find at least 10-20 retail customers who will reorder from you every month. The more customers you can get, the more money you can make.  Most importantly, teach your team members to do the same thing.  If I had to choose between having lots of customers or distributors I would choose customers.

In most cases, you will make more from customers than you will from distributors.  You see, most of the people you sponsor as distributors will only stick around 60 to 90 days before they quit the business, so there is little residual income with team members.  Yes, there are a few exceptions, especially if you sponsor a really good distributor, but that doesn’t happen very often.

For some reason, most distributors are only taught to focus on sponsoring.  I think that is a BAD move.  Here’s why.  If you talk to 100 people about finding a business, you might be lucky and find 2-3 people who are interested (if that).  However, talk to those same people about the products, or the benefits of getting healthy and you should easily be able to find 20 customers.  NOTE: Individual results will vary.

The key takeaway is that more people are receptive to products that can help them, than they are to a business opportunity.

Focus on getting happy customers and upgrade your happy customers into distributors.  that is my best advice.

Next, I recommend you personally sponsor 20 to 40 distributors as fast as you can, preferably in your first six months (do this by upgrading customers into distributors). When you do this, you can earn overrides and commissions from their sales. Also, if you sponsor 40 people, you will probably find 4 to 8 distributors who are real serious about their Advocare business, and want to build a big team themselves.

Most of your earnings will come from these serious distributors.  In order to sponsor 40 people, you will probably need to personally show 200 to 400 presentations presentations, maybe more.  In order to do 200 presentations, you will probably need to set 400 appointments.  In order to do 400 appointments you will probably need to talk with 1,000 people.  Once you know the numbers, you simply need to work the numbers.  It’s amazing what you can accomplish in one year with focused daily effort.  Knowing what to do is almost half the battle.

Furthermore, you must work in depth, in your organization. In other words, you must help your personally sponsored distributors build a team. This is the real key to success to making BIG money with Advocare. Ideally, you want to drive each leg of your organization at least 20 levels deep as quickly as possible. By doing so, you will find additional leaders to work with.

Remember, the width of your organization determines your profitability, but the depth in your organization provides the long-term security.  Most of the top earners in Advocare have thousands of people in their team and they earn a little bit from each person’s efforts.  More importantly, they did not personally bring all of these people into the business.  They sponsored 20 to 40 like we talked about earlier and then they focused on helping their team succeed.

By focusing on these three activities, you will succeed at making money with Advocare. You will have immediate profits in your business, you will build a nice residual income, and you will potentially earn leadership and advancement bonuses from the company. Your key to success is consistency. Get started, be consistent and never quit!

Additionally, make sure you spend MOST of your time on these money making activities: prospecting, showing the plan, acquiring customers, following up, and training your team. To the best of my knowledge, these are the only activities that put money in your pocket!

What are your thoughts?  If you are in Adovcare and have experienced good results building your business, leave a comment and let us know your best Advocare Success Tips.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Disclaimer: Advocare is a registered trademark.  I am in no way affiliated with the company.

Comments

comments

31 thoughts on “Advocare Success Tips: How to Make Money with Advocare

I have to admit that I am not familiar with Advocare, but I did read the article and your other readers comments because the advice that you give here can be easily transferred to succeed in most MLM businesses. I agree with many of your other commenters: find a mentor. Find someone to help show you the ropes, coach you, motivate you, and hopefully help hold you accountable to yourself. Even if you are unable to find a mentor, find someone within your MLM company of choice that you wish to emulate, and then watch them closely.
    Faye recently posted…How to Report a Casualty or Theft Loss on Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) of Your Income Tax FormsMy Profile

2. Corrine Patterson

I’ve been a distributor with AdvoCare for 6 months and have run through my friends and family contacts on Facebook. I’ve generated about 10 customers. How do I start getting customers outside of these contacts?

You can ask them for referrals. You can start talking to two or three people a day. You can join the gym and connect with health oriented people. You can advertise in the newspaper. You could start a health newsletter. You could make YouTube videos. You could start a health and wellness blog. I could go on and on. You are only limited to your creativity.

3. Jennifer

So I just became a distributor last week and really need some tips on how to get retail customers. I never sold anything before and I am VERY determined to make more income and spend more time with my daughters. Any tips on getting retail customers????

Use the products yourself so you have a story to share.

Always lead with the products, not the business.

Pick a target market of people to talk to. Focus on one target market and talk to people in that demographic.

Talk to at least five people a day.

Keep some samples on hand.

Stay persistent.

I hope that helps.

4. Bryan

If you stick with Advocare and work at it like a business you WILL succeed. I was making $0 a month for 6 to 8 months but I did not stick with it. My good friend Kirk however, did stick with it and he has made a good amount of money over the last two years. Advocare is his life. I was unable to put that much of a commitment into it and as you can see one of us was not successful.

All businesses, even part-time businesses, normally take a couple years just to get profitable. No matter what type of business you start, you should make a commitment to sell out to it for at least five years, especially if you are doing it part-time. Rome wasn’t built in a day!

5. Zikry

My wife and I have been with Advocare for almost five years now. We love the products. We have a small team and make a few hundred dollars per month, which basically pays for our product orders. I’m okay with that though. It’s a great company if you are willing to work it.

6. s. conard

I can tell by the tone of your advice that you believe in starting out with a lot of energy, focus, and drive! I think that most people slow down after a few days, weeks, or months after starting their Advocare business. I especially like the advice you give of basically going out for way more sponsors than you want. I’ve found this to be true of anything in life – if you want 30 people to attend a presentation, always, always invite 100!

Most people fail because they don’t have the discipline to do the work. They’ll never admit that because it’s fun to blame your failure on someone other than yourself, but it’s true.

If all mentors would explain their MLMs as simply as you did here, it would drive more people to get out and make their business work.

The figures that Charles put here are very sensible. Getting 10-20 retail customers can be simple. Just visit friends and family. The same with 20-40 distributors. If you pitch 100 people in a weeks time, I see you being a highly successful marketer.

Let’s see, 100 people; in six days that is 17 people a day. We easily meet and talk with many more than 17 people a day.

As Charles pointed out here, let numbers work for you. Make a plan and follow it. Before you know it you will have a highly successful Advocare business, and you will feel both pride and joy knowing you did it right.

Thanks for the comment. This is simple advice, but the bottom line is that most people won’t follow it. Just getting 10-20 customers alone can make you $300 to $1000 in profit each month. To me, that is a successful part-time business. Add in a few distributors, and teach them to do the same, and you can make a really nice income.

1. Siham

By successful peploe, you have to first be a great follower before you can be great leader. As mentioned, you will have to step out of your comfort zone too. MLM/NWM is one of the best industries where by one can learn how to become a winner themselves and learn to lead others into greatness. Great leaders follow the team concept:T-ogether E-veryone A-chieves M-ore.

8. David

These are some great success tips, Chuck. I’ve been struggling to build my Advocare business for the past 11 months. Hopefully, this can help me get over the hump.

9. David

These are all great points, Chuck. I’ve been with Advocare about 13 months now and love it. I’m making about $1000 per month and have a team of 90 distributors and customers. I hope to keep growing my business in the months and years to come.

10. Rod

If you want to make more money with Advocare, I would:

1. Find a mentor
    2. Get a bunch of customers
    3. Sponsor some leaders
    4. Work in depth
    5. Make a game plan
    6. Be persistent and consistent

And never quit!

11. Erlich

Here are some of my best Advocare Success Tips.

1. Find a mentor
    2. Use the products
    3. Do something to grow your business every day
    4. Stick with the company 5+ years
    5. Focus on getting customers
    6. Study marketing
    7. Take your business online

I hope that helps.

You do need retail customers in order to profit. You have to have good marketing and advertising strategies in order to attract retail customers. Having solid marketing and advertising skills gets your retail product(s) out there and makes them appealing to retail customers so that they desire to purchase those products. It is then good customer service that helps to retain those customers so they keep coming back for more.

So true, Diamond. I meet so many folks in Advocare and other MLM Companies that do nothing but try to recruit distributors. Personally, I think that’s a horrible strategy. I think it would be much wiser to focus on getting retail customers. This is where you make immediate retail profits. Assuming your customers like the products, and you treat them well, many of these folks will keep reordering month after month, which puts residual profits in your pocket. And some of these folks will upgrade and become Advocare distributors. That’s just what you want, someone who is a product of the product.

There are other ways to develop a good flow of residual income besides selling Advocare products. Blogging is always popular and writing about what you love, like you’re doing here, has made many people successful. Just like Advocare though, it requires a concerted, consistent effort; you just can’t give up.